Skip to Main Content

Housing Access Coordination also helps people find permanent housing. Many people in different situations are eligible. The program could be a good fit for you if you’re already living somewhere that just isn’t working for you, if you’re currently homeless, or if you’re living with a family member.

To get started, we’ll need to do some planning. We’ll do an assessment. Then, we’ll help you find housing, assist with the move and do a follow-up to see how things are going.

Natasha was awesome at helping us to get what Tina needed! she is a Rockstar- would recommend her to everyone! Her communication was excellent. Natasha is what we all want for a relocation worker. She was good with keeping on task with finding a home that fits what she needs. Natasha always answered me no matter what time I called or text her. Love Natasha

- Tina F

Housing Access Coordination

Housing access coordination (HAC): A waiver service that helps people plan for, find and move to homes of their own that are not owned, leased or controlled by disability services providers


A person is eligible to receive housing access coordination if he or she is enrolled on one of following waivers:

  • Brain Injury (BI)
  • Community Alternative Care (CAC)
  • Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI)
  • Developmental Disabilities (DD).

A person can use housing access coordination to move to his or her own home from any of the following settings:

  • Family or corporate adult foster care homes
  • Hospitals
  • Institutions for Mental Diseases (IMD)
  • Intensive rehabilitation treatment and rule 36 settings
  • Intermediate care facilities for persons with developmental disabilities (ICF/DD)
  • Nursing facilities
  • Registered housing with services establishments
  • Unlicensed settings.

How We Get It Done

  • Contacting the appropriate county agency.
  • Initiate the relocation process with potential relocation venues.
  • Look for good affordable apartments for you.
  • Make arrangements for tours to prospective relocation sites.
  • Help you with the housing application process even if you have poor rental history.
  • Assist you in contacting entities with movers, household items, furniture etc.
  • Make arrangements for your transportation on your moving day.


Connect With Us.

An individual’s county case manager usually initiates their referral for HAC services to us, but we can also connect with the county case manager on their behalf. Call 651.330.1559 or fill out the contact form to get started. We can answer questions and give you the support you need.